Finding your inner WARRIOR!

We all know that life with a chronic illness is tough, but finding your inner WARRIOR is a special task. I'm sure many of you are fighting everyday to move about and make it through the day. I sometime find myself in the position of making and hiding behind the pain, but I also realize that there is no need to hide...just share my testimony with others. There was a point in my life that I felt like I could get through without telling anyone all the obstacles that I was dealing with.
Most people feel like life stops when you get diagnosed with an illness; for me life just began. I had to make a decision rather quickly whether I was going to allow these illnesses take over my life or tackle them head on. It was 6 years ago this month that I birthed my nonprofit.  It was a way to provide a platform for individuals living with multiple illnesses to see that there is life after diagnosis!!! I'm sure people have counted you out, but you have to reach down to the pit of your soul and find the WARRIOR within.
I am one of the blessed ones that has a support system of family and friends that know and understand the magnitude of my illnesses, and how I want to be the example and inspiration for others. Yes, I have my good days and bad days...but you also have to know that the good days outweigh the bad. I will NOT be defeated, YOU will NOT be defeated, and WE will NOT be defeated!!
We are WARRIORS! Stand tall and proud; speak life and vitality into yourself and others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caregivers need care too!

Economical Constraints of Life with a Chronic Illness

Happy New Year! Out with the OLD, in with the NEW!