Happy New Year! Out with the OLD, in with the NEW!

We made it! Let's come together and be proud of the fact that another year has passed, and we get the chance to get it right for 2019! Last year brought heartache and pain, various doctor visits and memories that last a lifetime; but one thing it did not bring is DEFEAT! Many of you know that I live with various illnesses, and many ask me how do I do it...my answer is simple MY FAITH! My mother had been sick for a long time, and she was in and out of the hospital, having various surgeries, and through it all her FAITH never wavered. Yes, she always said being sick sucked, but through it all she prayed, and her family prayed with and for her. I found myself in a position of uncertainty, and that uncertainty caused me to stress and ultimately become sick myself.

I found myself stressed to the point where I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't take my medication properly, I couldn't sleep and that took a toll on my body. I lost so much weight over time that I often was asked how am I doing. I was nothing but skin and bones, literally and figuratively. I reached a point in my life where I did not practice self-care. After my mother's passing, I had big shoes to fill, but the one thing I knew was that I wouldn't be any good to my family if I wasn't healthy. I had to help plan the funeral, but more importantly make sure my dad was taken care of; after all he and my mom were married for 50 years. The task at hand challenged me to not only do better, but be better. In my heart of hearts, I expected that my mom would be here forever; then reality set in she was no longer in pain and she served and served well.

The decision was made to not focus on the death, but focus on her life that she lived well and enjoyed. I then took my health more seriously, and began to make changes that benefited me and that allowed me to be free of stress. I focused more on me and my mental state, as well as my emotional state. The decision to eat right, workout and build my relationship with the LORD was key to turning things around and making life great again. There were stumbling blocks along the way, but those stumbling blocks did not stop my grind. I had to push the envelope and jump out there and practice what I preach. I have gained my healthy weight back, I focus on self-care and ME, and I am building my business and brand.

It is time to take control of the stressors in your life, and take the trash out. It is all about YOU! Health is key and I want to see everyone live healthier and happier lives!

www.thejljfoundation.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caregivers need care too!

Economical Constraints of Life with a Chronic Illness