Do you feel ALONE?
Many times when people are diagnosed with an illness, they sometimes feel as if they have to go through it alone. I'm here to tell you that, YOU are in fact NOT alone. Yes, you may feel that your family is not there for you, but look past the family and it may be someone that you least expect, that is your support system. I understand about being diagnosed with multiple chronic illnesses, but I will say that my family has supported me from day one of each diagnosis. Not everyone is as blessed, and I am here to say....don't be afraid of the inevitable and definitely don't let your pride get in the way of asking someone to be there for you.
There is always someone out there going through the same things that you are, whether it is mentally or physically. It takes a strong person to know when they need the extra support, in order to get through the tough times. I know for myself, when I was diagnosed with Diabetes, it was very hard for me to come to grips that when I first started my insulin therapy I had to depend on everyone to drive me to my appointments and help me with giving my insulin. My vision was very blurry due to my body having to get used to the insulin, so that meant I could not drive or give myself my insulin. As an individual who was used to doing for herself, I believed that no one understood what and how I was feeling.
Now, understand there are times that I feel like there are certain people in my life that are never there or have a concern for me one way or another. I have come to the realization that family is NOT always blood, and when I call for help or a shoulder to cry on, or to just pray I know that I can count on those people to be there for me NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
So, if you take anything away from this post, just know that YOU are NEVER alone!!
There is always someone out there going through the same things that you are, whether it is mentally or physically. It takes a strong person to know when they need the extra support, in order to get through the tough times. I know for myself, when I was diagnosed with Diabetes, it was very hard for me to come to grips that when I first started my insulin therapy I had to depend on everyone to drive me to my appointments and help me with giving my insulin. My vision was very blurry due to my body having to get used to the insulin, so that meant I could not drive or give myself my insulin. As an individual who was used to doing for herself, I believed that no one understood what and how I was feeling.
Now, understand there are times that I feel like there are certain people in my life that are never there or have a concern for me one way or another. I have come to the realization that family is NOT always blood, and when I call for help or a shoulder to cry on, or to just pray I know that I can count on those people to be there for me NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
So, if you take anything away from this post, just know that YOU are NEVER alone!!
Comments
Post a Comment